THIS CLASS IS NOW FULL, BUT WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO USE THE FORM BELOW TO INDICATE YOUR INTEREST. THIS WILL HELP US PLAN AND COORDINATE FUTURE SESSIONS.
Interested to get started in the amateur radio hobby by earning your first license, the FCC Technician License? This January the Delaware Valley Radio Association (DVRA) is offering a preparation class leading up to the examination session on Saturday March 9th. The course runs for five sessions beginning on Friday January 25th.
The FCC Technician License exam covers basic regulations, operating practices and electronics theory, with a focus on VHF and UHF applications. Morse code is not required for this license. With a Technician Class license, you will have all ham radio privileges above 30 MHz. These privileges include the very popular 2-meter band. Many Technician licensees enjoy using small (2 meter) hand-held radios to stay in touch with other hams in their area. Technicians may operate FM voice, digital packet (computers), television, single-sideband voice and several other interesting modes. You can even make international radio contacts via satellites, using relatively simple station equipment. Technician licensees now also have additional privileges on certain HF frequencies. Technicians may also operate on the 80, 40 and 15 meter bands using CW, and on the 10 meter band using CW, voice and digital modes.
Source: American Radio Relay League – http://www.arrl.org/getting-your-technician-license
- Friday January 25th (7:30pm – 9:00pm)
- Friday February 1st (7:30pm – 9:00pm)
- Friday February 8th (7:30pm – 9:00pm)
- No session on Friday February 15th
- Friday February 27th (7:30pm – 9:00pm)
- Friday March 1st (7:30pm – 9:00pm)
- Saturday 9th – License Exam Session (10:00am – 11:30am)
- American Red Cross facility (Suite #101) on Alexander Road in Princeton Junction
- Click for Driving Directions to the American Red Cross – Princeton Junction
- $14 (cash, or checks made payable to DVRA Inc.) covers the reduced price of the course material, ARRL’s Tech Q&A (7th edition) book
Requirements for Success:
- Classes intended to help prepare to take the FCC amateur radio technician license exam; the next test session offering by the DVRA is March 9th
- Attending all five classes
- Expect to spend time studying the licensing materials outside of class
To Register or get more information:
Please complete the brief form below and our Training and Examinations Director, Martin Crabtree, will contact you.
Please register soon, as class size is limited to 12 participants.