2020 Exam Schedule
- Saturday Jan 11, 2020
- Saturday Mar 14, 2020
Saturday May 09, 2020(CANCELED/COVID-19)
- Saturday Jul 11, 2020
- Saturday Sep 12, 2020 (Please read about procedural changes)
- Saturday Nov 14, 2020
The examination begins promptly at 10AM at the American Red Cross facility in Princeton Junction, NJ. Click here for driving directions
PLEASE NOTE: The exams are held in the Red Cross building closest to Alexander Road. Please use the entrance located at the rear of the building.
Please bring with you:
- $15.00 cash or check made out to ARRL-VEC
- A government issued photo identification – drivers license, passport, etc.
- A copy of your current FCC amateur license (if upgrading to General or Amateur Extra)
- Optionally, you may bring completed application form NCVEC 605, else one will be provided for you at the exam to complete
The NCVEC 605 application form will ask you to supply a Federal Registration Number (FRN) and if you do not have one, supply your social security number (SSN) instead. Some people are a bit hesitant to give their SSN but it (or the FRN) is required by law for the FCC to process your application. The FRN is used in lieu of a SSN as a unique identifier when doing business with the FCC.
A note to volunteer examiners: Please arrive at 9:30AM to assist with set up.