2020 Exam Schedule
- Saturday Jan 11, 2020
- Saturday Mar 14, 2020
Saturday May 09, 2020(CANCELED/COVID-19)
- Saturday Jul 11, 2020
- Saturday Sep 12, 2020
- Saturday Nov 14, 2020 (Please read about procedural changes)
The examination begins promptly at 10AM at the American Red Cross facility in Princeton Junction, NJ. Click here for driving directions
PLEASE NOTE: The exams are held in the Red Cross building closest to Alexander Road. Please use the entrance located at the rear of the building.
Please bring with you:
- $15.00 cash or check made out to ARRL-VEC
- A government issued photo identification – drivers license, passport, etc.
- A copy of your current FCC amateur license (if upgrading to General or Amateur Extra)
- Federal Registration Number (FRN) from the FCC (Please see below for more information on obtaining the FRN.
- Optionally, you may bring completed application form NCVEC 605, else one will be provided for you at the exam to complete.
First time amateur license test takers: You will need to obtain a Federal Registration Number (FRN) from the FCC prior to testing. You will not be able to take a license test without an FRN. Registration for an FRN is done online at the FCC’s Commission Registration System (CORES) website. It usually takes just a few minutes to obtain an FRN. You will need to include your FRN on both your license application form and your test answer sheet.
A note to volunteer examiners: Please arrive at 9:30 AM to assist with set up.