2022 Exam Schedule
- May 14th
- July 9th
- September 10th
- November 12th
The examination begins promptly at 10AM (registration at 9:45AM) at the American Red Cross facility in Princeton Junction, NJ. Click here for driving directions – Please scroll down to the bottom of the page (Exam Directions).
Download important DVRA Social Distancing Procedures (HERE).
PLEASE NOTE: The exams are held in the Red Cross building closest to Alexander Road. Please use the entrance located at the rear of the building.
Please bring with you:
- $15.00 cash or check made out to ARRL-VEC [This fee is charged by the American Radio Relay League (ARRL) to cover the cost of the test materials and processing of paperwork.]
- A government issued photo identification – drivers license, passport, etc.
- A copy of your current FCC amateur license (if upgrading to General or Amateur Extra)
- Federal Registration Number (FRN) from the FCC (Please see below for more information on obtaining the FRN.
- Optionally, you may bring completed application form NCVEC 605, else one will be provided for you at the exam to complete.
FCC Application fee: Beginning April 19, 2022, the FCC charges a $35 application fee for first time license applicants. This is in addition to the ARRL testing fee (above). The FCC will contact you after receiving your application via the email address on your application to inform you how to pay this fee. Your license will be issued after the FCC receives you application fee. This fee is not charged for upgrades to existing amateur radio licenses.
This FCC application fee also applies for license renewals and vanity call applications.
NOTE: The FCC requires a valid mailing and email address in order to obtain an FRN. By obtaining an FRN, your name and address become part of the public record at the FCC. If you would prefer not to have your home address be part of this public record, you could use a post office box number or work address as an alternative. You are expected to update the FCC whenever your mailing address is changed.
A note to volunteer examiners: Please arrive at 9:30 AM to assist with set up.