What is the DVRA?
The Delaware Valley Radio Association is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization devoted to the promotion and preservation of the amateur radio hobby. The club is comprised of amateur radio operators and their families.With over 40 active members and a fully equipped radio station, the Delaware Valley Radio Association is one of the nation’s oldest radio clubs, having been founded in 1930. Persons interested in learning more about Amateur Radio are encouraged to explore the club’s website or attend any regular meeting of the club. The DVRA meets the second Wednesday of each month at 6:30 PM at Our Lady of Good Counsel Church, 137 West Upper Ferry Road, West Trenton, NJ. The church is located one-quarter mile west of the intersection of routes 634 and 579, and is just south of Mercer County Airport.
What does the DVRA offer?
A fully equipped club radio shack with 2 HF stations, Packet, VHF & UHF stations
• 2 Repeaters, one operating in analog FM and the other in Yaesu System Fusion C4FM digital mode
• Events throughout the year
• Fun and competitive Field Day activities with multiple stations and different modes
• Our annual Hamfest held at a various locations
• A club picnic in August
• A holiday party in December
• Monthly club meetings
• A comprehensive monthly newsletter
• A place to share experiences with others with similar interests
For information about upcoming training classes and exam sessions, please contact the Director of Training & Exams (Don Wright, AA2F – AA2F@arrl.net, phone 609.737.1723).
May 21, 2016
July 16, 2016
September 17, 2016
November 12, 2016
All exams are at 12:15 PM at the Hopewell (Township) Branch of the Mercer County Library at 245 Pennington Road-Titusville Road mid-way between Route 31 and the Hopewell Valley Central High School. Please bring $15.00 cash or check made out to ARRL-VEC, and a photo identification – drivers license, passport, etc.